Friday, January 13, 2023

13.01.2023

Apparently, I missed my morning pills (which include my prozac) 

Everyday this week until today. 

Last night, I was feeling so close to giving in, that 

When I came home from my doctor's appointment, I downed half a bottle of brandy the moment I'd dropped my purse on the sideboard

Harm reduction

My doctor is doubling my dose 

I suppose it would help more if I remember to take it

Yesterday was also my final session with a grief counselor

I was allotted eight

Eight forty-five minute sessions 

Spread out over nine weeks 

For the loss of my love 

Of eighteen years

Yesterday was hard 

I almost went looking for my cache

Today, so far is slightly easier; I don't trust it.  

Sometimes the killer is inside the house

When mine gets bored, he stands over me with ultimatums: 

Poetry or pills?

Be wary, I guess, if ever I go silent.

No comments: