Saturday, February 24, 2024

24.02.2024 II

Can we please speak again of other things, like 

How the delicate blossoms of the almond trees always remind you of my favourite Van Gogh, or 

How the brave lupines have already returned 

Painting the drowsy Jerusalem hills in purple? 

Do you remember, my love, that soon the markets will be filled with baskets of dark, shiny cherries

(Your other favourite reason for stained fingertips,  remember?)

Would you tell me how pretty I look in my

Old yellow sundress 

Eventhough I've pulled it, wrinkled

From the bottom of the clothes pile in the corner, 

How you've missed my shoulders in sunlight

Can we please just speak of 

Something soft for a moment

I know well how our world is burning

But must we constantly sit by in its 

Scorching heat? 

Others will surely watch it. Meanwhile, my love,  look up 

The harsh, winter light has already changed her slant.




No comments: